These are the 5 best credit cards that basically pay you to shop and travel.
DALLAS -- In my continued search to save you time and money, Wednesday I highlight the five perkiest credit cards in our region. Over the course of the past six years, I've had a chance to sample MANY different credit cards and programs. Now I break down the cards with the most benefits to customers.
Best Cash Back Credit Card:
- Why? 0% APR on balance transfers for first 18th months then it starts at 10.99%.
- No annual fee, no late fee for your first late payment.
- 5% cash back on many category purchases, 1% cash back on everything else.
- 100% U.S. Based customer service.
- No late fee for your first late payment. APR does not increase if you pay late.
Best Current Credit Card Bonus:
- Earn a whopping 50,000 bonus when you sign up
- Quick rewards based on Delta purchases
- Check your first bag free on every Delta flight
- Priority boarding
- No annual fee first year, then $95 per year.
Best Travel Credit Card (tied with Delta Amex)
- 50,000 bonus miles when you spend $2,000 in first three months
- An additional 5,000 bonus miles when you add an authorized user in first three months
- Check your first bag free
- Priority boarding
- Two United Club passes per year
- No foreign transaction fees
- Use miles for any seat, any time
- No mileage expiration for active card-holders
- No annual fee first year, then $95 per year
Best Retail Rewards Card:
- 0% APR on balance transfers and purchases for 15 months
- Points accumulate quickly based on retail spending
- Citi Thank You points program is constantly expanding and fantastic based on our tests
- Points never expire and are unlimited
- Easy redemption options
- No annual fee
Best Overall Card:
- Bonuses quickly add up with additional incentives
- Best customer service of any credit card we've tested
- 24/7 customer service and security options
- No annual fee (rare for an Amex and fantastic)!
- 0% APR on purchases and balances for 15 months
Best Credit Card Customer Service (based on our tests):
- American Express (tremendous on all levels)
- Chase (quick phone call answers, all U.S. based, 24/7 and fantastic)
- Discover (some of the highest ranking customer satisfaction in the country)
Neither myself nor this TV station receive any financial compensation for recommending any credit cards or from any card sign-ups. The only purpose of this series is to save you money.